Cadwalader provides philanthropic and pro bono support for the LGBT community.
As part of the firm's affinity group program, adopted to encourage diverse attorneys to self-form into groups based upon a set of shared interests, experiences and/or perspectives, the Cadwalader Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Attorney Resource Group was developed to build, and foster a sense of community between LGBT attorneys at the firm; advocate for a non-discriminatory and diverse environment at the firm; sponsor or support educational and cultural LGBT-themed programs for members and others; support the discussion of current LGBT issues; increase the firm's pro bono work related to LGBT issues; and advocate and urge the firm to advocate, for issues of importance to the LGBT community at large. In order to accomplish these goals, the LGBT group sponsors educational and cultural programs for members and others, attends numerous conferences and participates in job fairs.
The firm also supports, and has been involved with, law school outreach as well as a number of lesbian, gay and bisexual organizations, including:
- Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Law Association of Greater New York, Inc. (LeGaL)
- New York County Lawyers' Association Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York’s Committee on Gay and Lesbian Rights
- Immigration Equality
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- National Lesbian and Gay Law Association
- New York City LGBT Career Fair
- Lesbian and Gay Rights and HIV/AIDS Projects of the American Civil Liberties Union
Cadwalader also offers full health care benefits to the domestic partners of our LGBT attorneys.